An international pre-university studying programme: Business or Information Technology
The studying programme is aimed at international people who are interested in higher degree studies or aim to apply to a university of applied sciences in Finland. The studies consist of studying skills, Mathematics, English, Finnish and Business- or Information Technology studies (30 ECTS credits).
Study type: Daytime studies
Duration: 30 credits, about 6 months
Centria University of Applied Sciences, Talonpojankatu 2, Kokkola
Free of charge
Application period opens: 12.05.2023
Application period closes: 12.08.2023
Studies begin: 21.8.2023
Teaching language: English
Goals of the programme
An International Pre-University Studying Programme helps to develop skills needed when applying to a Finnish university of applied sciences and studying in a degree programme. A student learns studying and cooperation skills, self-direction, reflecting on one’s own learning, expressing one’s own opinion, information retrieval and source criticism, basics of relevant mathematics skills, and written and oral communication in English. You can choose from two different programme options: Business or Information Technology oriented studies. Some of the studies are the same for all students of both study options.
The programme is aimed at the citizens of Ukraine or any international people in Finland interested in applying to a degree programme at a Finnish university of applied sciences.
An applicant has to meet the requirements for applying: Required completed studies (see below) and sufficient English skills that are proven in a motivation letter and a group interview later.
Eligible applicants for an International Pre-University Studying Programme have completed the same requirements as when applying for degree studies in a university of applied sciences: the studies required for graduating from the Finnish upper secondary school or a Matriculation Examination;
- an International Baccalaureate (IB) degree;
- a European Baccalaureate (EB) Diploma;
- a Reifeprüfung (RP) or Deutsches Internationales Abitur (DIA) degree;
- a Finnish vocational upper secondary qualification covering 120 credits or 180 competence points or a corresponding earlier Finnish vocational degree covering at least 80 credits;
- a Finnish post-secondary or higher vocational level diploma;
- a Finnish vocational upper secondary qualification or a further or specialist vocational qualification as a competence-based qualification, or a comparable previous qualification;
- a foreign qualification that provides eligibility for higher education studies in the country in question;
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, postgraduate licentiate and doctoral degrees.
Applicant’s eligibility is verified as part of the application process either before the selection or after admissions, as the university of applied sciences decides. In certificate-based selection, the applicant must always hold a degree applicable to the selection method in question.
If you are a refugee or have a status comparable to a refugee or are an asylum seeker and cannot thus verify your previous degree with the required attachments, the university of applied sciences may still invite you to the entrance examination. Please contact Sofia Behluli (firstname.lastname@example.org) in these cases.
Supplementary application round takes place 12.5.‒12.8.2023. Registration takes place on Studyinfo.