The transfer application period is open the first two weeks in May at Studyinfo.fi. Only applicants who have a valid study right in a degree programme in a university of applied sciences in Finland are considered eligible.
It is possible to apply to Centria UAS during the transfer application period if:
- a student wants to change degree programme to the same or similar study field from another Finnish university of applied sciences to Centria UAS
- a student wants to change degree programme to the same or similar study field within Centria UAS so that the degree title changes. You may apply for transfer after one study year.
The transfer application period is open in 1st – 15th May at Studyinfo.fi.
It is not possible to transfer from a university outside Finland to Centria UAS. For a student who has started studies in a university in another country, it is only possible to apply to Centria at www.studyinfo.fi during a regular application round, take part in the selection process, and then if getting admitted, it is possible to apply for the transfer of previously gained credits. However, please notice that the transfer of credits cannot be done in advance. The transfer of credits can be done only after an applicant gets admitted and starts the studies at Centria UAS, and after the head of the degree programme approves it.
Only applicants who have a valid study right in a degree programme in a university of applied sciences in Finland are considered eligible. A transfer application, an up-to-date transcript of records, and a study certificate (stating the starting date of the studies and the semesters used for presence and absence) must be submitted by the end of the application period.
Applications to social and health care degree programmes from other fields of studies are not usually accepted.
The final decision about accepting a transfer student is taken by the person responsible for the degree programme based on the resources and available places of the degree programme. Transfer students start their degree studies at Centria UAS after being accepted at the beginning of the fall semester.
The receiving institution may decide on the intake of transfer students in respect to the available resources. The receiving institution may also require that the suitability and preparedness of the student is tested in regard to the respective study field.
The order of the selected students is determined based on the interview/exam, the number of credits and grades earned.
The common appeal process applies also to transfer students.
The results of the transfer application in spring 2024 will be published by 30 June 2024 at the latest. All accepted applicants will be informed about their admission by e-mail. The deadline for accepting the offered study place is 31 July 2024, 3 pm Finnish time at My Studyinfo -service.
Transferring within Centria in the same field of study
- possible only for Centria’s students who apply to transfer to another degree programme within the one field of study (e.g. field of Technology).
- the degree title does not change (it remains the same, e.g. Bachelor of Engineering).
- separate application procedure, E-application form is available on student register Peppi
- it is possible to apply for transfer at any time during the study year
- NOTE! If the student wishes to apply for transfer from one field of study to another within Centria UAS (e.g. from Bachelor of Engineering to Bachelor of Business Administration), the student has to apply via Studyinfo.fi
Do you have questions aboout applying? Please don’t hesitate to contact our Admissions Services! We will guide and help you with all tasks concerning the application process.