The project will increase competence in a digitalizing work and learning environment for students and staff members in different education organizations.
Branch: Entrepreneurship and wellbeing
Duration: 1.10.2021 – 31.8.2023
Region: Central Ostrobothnia
Financed by: European Social Fund
Centre for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment
Budget: 386 561 €
Project Manager: Janne Torvikoski
Digipedagogy needs development
The main goal of this project is to increase competence in a digitalizing work and learning environment for students and staff members in different education organizations. One main purpose of this project is to enable students to have more personal study paths as well as time- and place-independent learning opportunities. Students and teachers need more digital tools in their everyday life. Because of Covid-19 students and teachers have had to learn new digital skills. The challenge is that the old pedagogical solutions are not suitable to be used in this new word wide situation. Some students want to continue their studies remotely and they want to have more personal study paths. Current pedagogical models favor group-based teaching. The platforms for digital learning and guidance are not equal in terms of accessibility. Students also have difficulties to forms an overview on theirs studies and what is needed to complete before graduation. Utilizing learning analytics will help both students and teachers to provide help and guidance at the right time, during studies.
The project has three main aims. These are as following:
- Develop a policy to streamline the progress of student’s study paths whit the help of digital follow-up. The policy supports study planning and later students individual learning needs.
- To increase the competence and skills of students and staff members in different educational organizations regarding digital pedagogical tools.
- To produce common digital solutions between education levels to support the development of students’ and staff members skills.
The aims are supported with following means:
- To design and pilot a new teaching method where day- and blended teaching are combined to hybrid teaching.
- To test digital learning platform in terms of accessibility, equality and learning analytics.
- To research and pilot digital work and learning environments.
- To organize training and workshops to get new tools and skills for the target groups.
- Coordinator: Centria University of Applied Sciences
- Partners: Keski-Pohjanmaan koulutusyhtymä, University of Jyväskylä / The Kokkola University Consortium Chydenius
Outcome 1: The students’ studies will progress in an individual path and they able to complete their studies in the planned time. Staff in educational organizations will have the tools to enable students to make individual study path choices.
Outcome 2: The competence of the staff members grow from the use of various digital tools in teaching. The project will produce a public “Best Practices in digital pedagogy” –guide platform. All the results are available for national use as well.
Outcome 3: To introduce best practices in digital pedagogy, that will support the needs of the students and staff of educational organizations. The students will gain digital competence, which ensures the competence needed in working life in the future as well.