Student multi factor authentication (MFA) re-registration
Due to security reasons Centria students must re-register multi factor authentication (MFA) to their Centria.fi-account. This applies to all Centria students.
Forced registration on Monday 23.5.
Monday 23.5. at 12:00 the system will force the registration. After this Centria students will not be able to log in to the Centria systems until the new MFA registration has been done. Please read the instructions carefully. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this operation. If you need more help with this issue, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Deployment of multi-factor authentication in Centria Microsoft 365 environment
Multi-step or strong detection means additional identification by phone or other device when online services are logged in. For example, it provides additional protection for using Office 365 cloud services, especially in situations where the password has ended up in the wrong hands.
Multi-step detection app access is free of charge and for use, you need a working phone with a network connection and the ability to install a detection app that is available for download on Android and Apple phones.
Step 1. MFA deployment guide V.2
- In your computer’s browser, go to the aka.ms/mfasetup
- Log in using your Centria email address and password.
- Search for and install the Microsoft Authenticator (publisher: Microsoft) app on your phone’s app store and click next in browser.
- After installation, open the Microsoft Authenticator application.
- If the app asks for permission to send notifications, click Allow.
- Click Add a new account, and then click Work or School Account. (If you already have an account you can add a new one by pressing the “plus sign” from top right corner)
- Click Scan QR Code
- If necessary, give the app access to the phone’s camera so that the app can read QR codes.
- The app will now wait for the QR code to connect your Office 365 account and phone app.
- In browser, where it ask to select account you can click next and QR-code should appear.
- Now, take the phone and use the QR code reader open in the Microsoft Authenticator app on your phone to read the QR code in your computer’s browser. If your phone’s detection app has gone into lock, open the app with your phone’s screen lock code.
- After the Microsoft Authenticator phone app has read the QR code, you can click the Next button in the browser on your computer.
- If reading the QR code fails, you can try Set up again.
- You will receive a test detection approval request on your phone, which you must accept (Approve).
- Connecting your Office 365 account with your phone’s app is now complete. You can click last next and then Done.
- You can now close the page.
After the activation, you will receive several authentication requests, but the number of requests will decrease when you have logged in to the different Office 365 services via two-factor authentication.
If you need technical assistance, please contact:
Kokkola / Pietarsaari: 040 808 5133
Ylivieska: 044 449 2555