Tuition and scholarships for Bachelor’s degree programmes
Tuition fees are charged from Bachelor’s level students studying in languages other than Finnish or Swedish. Tuition fees will be charged from citizens of a country outside the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.
Students pay tuition fees based on their study right, NOT on the amount of gained credits nor enrollments to courses. If person is a student of Centria UAS enrolled as present, he/she is obliged to pay tuition fees.
- Student can enroll for as many courses as he/she wishes, the tuition fees stay unchanged
- Student can gain unlimited amount of credits per semester, the tuition fees stay unchanged
- Student who decides NOT to participate in the education anyhow (no enrollments for courses, no credits gained), will still be charged the tuition fees, since the fees are based on the study right
There are no tuition fees for those students who
- have started their studies before 1 August, 2017
- are citizens of EU/EEA/Switzerland
- have an EU Blue Card
- have a continuous residence permit card in Finland, Type A permit (NB: A continuous residence permit (A-type permit) granted for studying in Finland (from 15 April 2022 onwards) doesn’t exempt you from paying the tuition fee)
- have a permanent residence permit card in Finland, Type P permit
- have an EU residence permit for third-country citizens with long-term residence permit card in Finland (Type P-EU)
- have an EU Family Member’s Residence Card in Finland
More information considering the tuition fees and who is obliged to pay them, can be found on the Studyinfo.fi site and accessed by using the link below:
Tuition fees and scholarships for 2022/2023
Centria UAS offers a scholarship programme for students who are subject to paying tuition fees. (Applicable tuition fee must be paid in full according to instructions, no installments possible)
Early bird discount
Student gets an early bird discount of 1500 € of the first year’s tuition fee if the study place is accepted and the tuition fee paid within two weeks after the notification. The discount will be reduced from the first year’s payment. Detailed instructions on how to pay the tuition fee will be sent along with an acceptance letter. Please notice that applicants admitted to Master’s degree are not entitled to early bird discount.
Tuition fees and scholarships of students continuing their studies
Tuition fees for the second academic year are paid in halves. The first invoice to cover expenses for the fall semester studies will be always sent out in the spring semester (May). The second invoice will be sent out in the following fall semester (November). However, the second half of the tuition fees can be avoided if student qualifies for a scholarship. Scholarship application is sent to our students every fall via email during September/October.
Centria UAS offers 50 % scholarship as a waiver to all students who usually complete 55 ECTS (study credits) in the previous academic year.
If student applies and qualifies for the scholarship, he/she will not be sent an invoice in fall semester (November).
If an applicant receives a negative residence permit decision and based on that is not able to start studies at the beginning of fall semester, the tuition fee can be under certain conditions refunded.
- In order to be able to get the tuition fee back, applicant needs to send a copy of the negative decision from the Immigration Office to email@example.com, as well as attach a copy of an original payment receipt and filled ‘tuition fee refund’ application. Also, the applicant has to be able to prove that he or she has applied for the residence permit well in time (as soon as possible after receiving the admission letter and paying the tuition fee), to be able to start the studies at the beginning of his or her starting semester.
- Applicant is not able to apply for a tuition fee refund if he or she has withdrawn the residence permit application himself or herself and that way interrupted the residence permit process and forced the Immigration Office to abort the application process.
- If negative residence permit decision is received, applicant should notify Centria UAS as soon as possible. Tuition fees will not be refunded after the study year in question has ended.
The detailed refund policy is always mentioned in the acceptance letter, which is sent to newly accepted students along with notification of student selection.
For students who started their studies in January 2021: Also tuition fee will not be refunded in case the student has started his/her studies online.
For students who started their studies in August 2021: Students who study online in distance learning mode and wish to apply for the tuition fee refund after receiving a negative residence permit decision, will get a full refund of the tuition fee (after the handling fee deduction of 250 euros) if they choose not to continue their studies. The negative decision as well as the notification of withdrawal have to be submitted to Centria by 31 December 2021 the latest. This is an exception to the refund policy due to the Covid-19 pandemic. After the deadline, tuition fees will not be refunded even if a negative decision is received.
If a student will completed 45 ECTS (study credits) in his or hers first year at Centria (fall 2021/spring 2022), he or she can get a 50% discount from second year´s tuition fee. This is an exceptionally lowered scholarship requirement (from 55 ECTS to 45 ECTS), to help our students in challenging Coronavirus times.
For students who started their studies in January 2022: Students who study online in distance learning mode and wish to apply for the tuition fee refund after receiving a negative residence permit decision, will get a full refund of the tuition fee (after the handling fee deduction of 250 euros) if they choose not to continue their studies. The negative decision as well as the notification of withdrawal have to be submitted to Centria by 31 July 2022 the latest. This is an exception to the refund policy due to the Covid-19 pandemic. After the deadline, tuition fees will not be refunded even if a negative decision is received.
Refund handling fee
Please note that students accepted to Centria UAS in 2021, and students accepted in future years, in case of applying for a tuition fee refund, will be charged 250€ to cover the refund administrative costs.