Webinar: Virtual Power Plants / Reliability and risk management
KOTEL r.y. is organising Virtual Power Plants – reliability and risk management webinar.
23.11.2022 at 08:30 – 15:00
Virtual power plants
Virtual power plants are decentralized energy management systems, which gather the capacity of renewable units, non-renewable units, storage devices, and distributable loads, contribute to the energy market, and trade energy (and services) with the upstream network. Virtual power plants reduce the need to build very large units by collecting the capacity of smaller units and therefore play an important role in reducing emissions from large units.
Target group for this webinar are all interested stakeholders, associates and partners in electronics industry and engineering.
Webinar agenda (8:30am – 3:00pm; UTC+2, Finland)
- Webinar opening and KOTEL r.y. introduction, Pasi Välimäki, KOTEL Chairman
- Virtual Power Plants in Reserve markets, Fingrid Oyj, Mikko Kuivaniemi, Expert
- Risk management in an energy sector growth company, Myrsky Energia Oy, Ida Tasa, Risk Manager
- Hydrogen economy and its impact on power balance management, ABB, Simo Säynevirta, Head of ABB Green Electrification ecosystem
- Virtual power plant ranging from single family water heaters to megawatt scale data centers, Fortum Spring, Ilari Alaperä, Head of Fortum Spring
- Energy Flexibility – Technologies, management and services, Siemens, Jori Valtakari, Head of flexibility management and services
- Frequency converters – the cornerstone of the smart energy system of the future, Danfoss Drives, Olli-Pekka Aalto, Global Director, Energy & Power
- VPP – Telecom Power Solutions, Efore Telecom Finland Oy, Vlad Grigore, Executive Vice President, CTO
For problems in registering or other matters contact KOTEL office, Antti Takalo.
This webinar is organised in collaboration by KOTEL r.y. and Centria University of Applied Sciences.